Monday, June 17, 2013

Katie's Chocolate Bar

I haven't bought a candy bar in years and probably due to the following reasons: candy bars are loaded in saturated fats, high sugars, and other additives that are probably not so good for the waistline. With that said, I was bond and determine to create a candy bar that would satisfy my sweet-tooth craving with out sacrificing my fitness goals. This is probably my favorite desserts.

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup Organic Coconut Oil
  • 1/4 cup Crunchy Smart Balance Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
  • 2 tablespoon Dark Hershey Cocoa Powder
  • 2 tablespoons Hershey Cocoa Powder
  • 6 tablespoons of Ideal Sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Plum Amazing
  • 1 cup Original Fiber One cereal
  • walnuts/almonds (optional)


Directions: In a saucepan, add the coconut oil, peanut butter, cocoa, milk, sugar, and the diced plums. On low-medium heat, whisk all the ingredients until there are no clumps. Continue to whisk the mixture until it thickens. If you don't stir constantly, it will burn on the bottom.  Turn off the heat and let the chocolate simmer for a few minutes. Add the Fiber One Cereal and nuts to the mixture and pour it into a mold. Place the mold in the Freezer for couple hours or until it is completely firm. Pop the Chocolate out of the mold and store in a freezer bag.  

Tips: My husband and I store it in the freezer; I think it taste better cold. At room temperature, the chocolate is more like fudge.


No comments:

Post a Comment