Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Clean Eat Honey Mustard Dressing





Over the last year, I have been on the journey of clean eating. I have seen my body transform to a confident women of pure strength and heath.  Lately, I have been less reluctant to use dressing and dips that have a shelf life. My theory has been any thing that has a shelf life, will indeed have a shelf life on you. Just look at the back of a typical dressing. Sodium, high fat, sugar...Woo wait, a lot of sugar.

Don't get me wrong, I love jazzing up my salads, but some of the ingredients I have no idea how to pronounce, little lone what it is. Therefore, I have decided to make my own. Some things have cost me more than just settling and saving time by buying the product. However, if I was on a mission to save money, I could have probably saved a chunk of change by eating Ramon Noodle and splurging on the dollar menu. However, I am not! I have one life. With that, I feel the need to honor that life by living healthy and being the very best that I can possible be.

Clean Eat Honey Mustard                                                                    
  • 1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon of honey
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoon Ideal sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/2 teaspoon all spice
  • 1/4 cup alle cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoon light olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
  • dash of cayenne pepper
Directions: Blend all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor. Pour the ingredients in a mason jar and store in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment