Monday, June 17, 2013

Sweet Potato Pancakes


I typical make Sunday a prep day. We usually cook, in the bulk, chicken, sweet potatoes, rice, hard-boiled eggs, and protein bars for the week. It keeps us on track and prevents us from taking the easy route of going out to eat. I measure out all my food according to my fitness goals. I am usually left with odds and ends amounts of sweet potatoes. Instead of tossing it, I keep the mushed up sweet potato and use it towards breakfast pancakes.

Ingredients:
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
  • 3 teaspoon Fat Free Pancake mix
  • 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoon maple extracts

Directions: Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Spray the skillet with Pam Spray. Preheat the skillet over medium heat and pour the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until edges are dry. Turn the pancake over until golden brown.

Serves 4-6
Calories: 125
Fat .6
Protein: 7
Carbs: 23
Fat: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment