Monday, May 27, 2013

Katie's Tad Bits

Our bodies have interesting way of telling us what it needs. How you manage to keep cravings at bay by recognizing what your body is telling you. For example, when those chocolate or sweet cravings hit me, it means I need more carbs. The body only cares to survive; therefore, when the energy balance is in too far of a deficit, it signals for sugars-- the fastest energy source we can get to satisfy that demand. I recognized this and tapered up the portion sizes of good carbs and the sweet cravings will go away. When I crave pizza or chicken tenders, I know that my fats needed to go up, so I increased my good fats, like an avocado and almonds.

Listen to your body and your cravings and fuel accordingly, your dress size will thank you later. #Happy Memorial Day# Train Mean#Eat Clean

No comments:

Post a Comment